The Blizzard Survival Blanket is the industry standard for thermal protection for castualies, ideal for reducing shock and guarding against hypothermia. The extra-large blanket wraps around a casualty and has self-adhesive closures, allowing for easy opening for examination, medical intervention or to allow the patient to move and which close in wet and cold conditions.
The unique Reflexcell® material, which blocks heat loss more effectively than any other emergency product. The blanket contains 50% more material than the Blizzard Survival Bag, making it ideal for those wearing thick clothing such as life jackets.
The Blizzard Survival Blanket is recommended as the first choice for keeping casualties warm by the 2007 Prehospital Trauma Life Support Military Version Sixth Edition (PHTLS Military Version 6E), produced by the globally respected National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT).
PHTLS says medics’ initial response to trauma cases should be: “After any immediate life-threatening issues are addressed, wet clothes should be replaced with dry clothes, if possible, and the casualty should be wrapped in a Blizzard Survival Blanket.”
- Warmth: 7.5 Togs - equal to a medium weight regular sleeping bag.
- Weather protection: fully waterproof and windproof.
- Storage: bags may be stored indefinitely, and are not affected by temperature or moisture, either during storage or in use.
- Portability: the bags' small size and light weight make them easy to carry, whether as personal safety equipment, or for rapid deployment in emergencies involving large groups of people.
- Re-usability: bags can be re-used many times without loss of performance.
- Size: Vacuum packed - 20 x 11 x 4.5 cm / Unpacked - 2.35 x 2.4 m.
- Weight: 450g.
- Colour: Orange
Semper Paratus - Always Ready
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of the materials there may be some slight variation on the size and weight of both the packed and un-packed products. All photography is for illustration only and may not be a true representation of the product.
By carefully sealing the blanket to form a tube it can be used as a sleeping bag for one or two persons (particularly useful for re-warming chilled casualties). Carry a small roll of duct tape to help “sculpt” the blanket into any desired shape, reinforce holes, mend slight damage etc. The blanket can also be sealed around an ambulant casualty, giving them a high degree of protection, yet allowing them to walk. Arm holes can be cut if necessary.